- No cheats! No hacks! No dupes! No lies! No third party programs! (except recording-,VPN- and communication software)
- No wilful bug / abnormality abuse!
- In particular: "MS+Low-Hp Hit-Recovery", “Negative HP Godmode”, ”Dupe Bug, “Indestructible Golem”, “Holes in the wall / Cast through wall phenomenon", “1970 / 2039 Static-Dungeon exploit”
- It is forbidden to take advantage of the ”Stair-Trapping” (click to view) -technique.
- Only 2-, 3- and 4- man teams are allowed to participate!
- Note: Every team-member has to be an active and “real” participant. It is strictly forbidden to let one or more characters remain AFK.
- It is not permitted to be a member of more than one team at time!
BASIC IRONMAN RULES
- The IronMan variant is by far the most challenging Diablo experience you can undergo. Every team-member starts with a brand new level 1 character. The ONLY access to town services is immediately at the start of the game (or difficult-level, see below!). Armor, weapons, staffs, potions and scrolls may be bought, limited by the low starting gold (200 – 400) of the party.
- Note: At the very start of a normal IronMan game, the characters basic items may be sold, if desired.
- After leaving the town and entering the dungeon you are never again allowed to return to Tristram. The party is thoroughly (external characters are not allowed to aid or even join the IronMan game) on its own and proceeds form dungeon level to dungeon level until the whole team is dead. You are allowed to use your collected / pre-bought resurrection scrolls / staffs to bring your comrades back to life, but the “restart in town” -option is strictly forbidden!
- Exception: In the happy case that a victory against “Diablo” himself is obtained, the contestants are allowed to continue on the next difficult-level. At the very start of these continuation games, (before you enter the dungeon again!) it is allowed to use every kind of town services available!
- Note: It is not carved in stone, that an IronMan game has to end with the death of all team-members, but most of the time it does end this way. In fact, there is a very improbable chance to actually win an IronMan, by defeating "Diablo" on ALL three difficulty-levels. Only in this case, it is theoretically possible to finalize a game without a single death fall. If you should decide to end your IronMan attempt at an earlier point of the game (for example after beating "Diablo" on normal or nightmare difficult) you will receive a score-penalty which is equal to the death of all living team-members!
- Before you are allowed to proceed to the next dungeon level, ALL monsters must be killed, ALL barrels, coffins, bookcases, decapitated bodies and chests must be opened / activated.
- NoteA: This regulation is likewise valid if you face “Diablo” in dungeon level 16. Before you are allowed to kill him, you have to clean the entire level priorly!
- Exception: You are allowed to skip the following unique Boss-Monsters: “The Butcher” on dungeon level 2 and “King Leoric” on dungeon level 3. But take note, that you will lose precious scoring-points, if you decide to skip them!
- NoteB: The entire team has to go down to the next dungeon level at once. It’s not allowed to split up!
ADVANCED IRONMAN RULES
- It is forbidden to return back to a completed dungeon level! “Lock-In / Cave-In Regulation”
- Exception: The only granted case for returning to a cleared dungeon level, is to resurrect your teammates. You are not allowed to pick up / activate anything while you are on the cleared dungeon area.
- If it comes to the case, that one ore more character(s) is/are too low leveled to enter the continuation game on an higher difficult (nightmare / hell), the character(s) beneath the required level must start a solo training game (no other character is allowed to join!), in which he/they is/are not allowed to keep newly found items, gold and/or add permanent modifications (shrines, elixirs, spell-books) to the character(s). Town services, free level access and the “restart in town”-option are legitimate during those training games. As soon as the character(s) reached the required level (20 / 30 ) for the concerning difficult he/they have to leave the training game.
- NoteA: To minimize the possible use up of resources like staff-charges, equipment-durability, scrolls and potions, the affected player(s) is/are allowed to use newly found / bought items in the training game. But it’s not allowed to carry anything over to the real continuation game!
- NoteB: In the unhappy case, that a participant dies during a training game, this counts as a regular death. This implies, that every single death will ALWAYS get punished with the team specific amount of points (-0.25 Points in 4 player games / -0.5 in 3 player games / -0,75 in 2 player games). Consequently, it’s in your own interest to decide wisely, if it is worth to take the risk to try to retrieve your dropped equipment.
TOURNAMENT & MISCELLANEOUS RULES
- During the duration of the tournament, you are allowed to play as many IronMan games as you want. But it is only possible to publicize two of your attempts. Your best out of these two publicized IronMan games scores!
- Note: It’s not possible to replace or to withdraw your publications. Make sure that you choose wisely!
- Team internal lineup adjustments are only permitted, if you haven’t publicized one of your attempts yet. After you are officially listed on the “Standings”-list, member changes aren’t possible anymore!
- NoteA: It is not permitted to change your team-lineup during an attempt. An attempt is only valid, if you started and finished it with the exact same lineup.
- NoteB: You are free to change your class allocation prior to every attempt you start.
- You are free to pause your IronMan-sessions after every completed dungeon level and continue at a subsequent date in a new game. To make it possible to have access to a dungeon level that is not attainable by a direct entrance, an external “Cleaning-Character” is allowed to pave the way for the party.
- NoteA: You are not allowed to use any town services in those continuation games. Move directly to the Townportal the Cleaning-Character has send. The portal has to be placed directly at the entrance of the actual dungeon level.
- NoteB: If it comes to the case, that you weren’t able to resurrect one (or more) of your team-mates, due the lack of resurrection scrolls / charges, before the last session came to it’s end, you are allowed to catch this up in the new game. Just sacrifice one resurrection scroll / one staff charge to emulate the resurrection process. The concerning player(s) are hereunto allowed to rejoin the party.
- If it comes to the case, that one ore more players drop out of the current game, the concerning player(s) is/are free to rejoin and return back to the team by Townportal or a nearby entrance. If it is not possible to rejoin the game because of latency, or any other imaginable reason, the team is free to continue in a new one. But the remaining player(s) have to clean the current dungeon level priorly!
- In the unhappy case, that all players drop out, with no chance to rejoin the game, due to a game-crash or a related reason, you have to redo the current dungeon level. Everything that got lost due to the crash is permanently gone. It is strictly forbidden to use any kind of item-recreation!
- Every team is indentured to record the following “Key-Encounters” out of at least one team-members view:
- “The Butcher” d.lvl.02, “King Leoric” d.lvl.03, “Bilefroth the Pit Master” d.lvl.06, “Deathspit” d.lvl.06, “Nightwing the Cold” d.lvl.07, “Baron Sludge” d.lvl.08, “Chaoshowler” d.lvl.08, “Firewound the Grim” d.lvl.08, “Brokenstorm” d.lvl.09, “Oozedrool” d.lvl.09, “Goldblight of the Flame” d.lvl.10, “Plaguewrath” d.lvl.10, “The Flayer” d.lvl.10, “Bluehorn” d.lvl.11, “Fangspeir” d.lvl.11, “Viletouch” d.lvl.12, “Windspawn” d.lvl.12, “Blackskull” d.lvl.13, “Doomcloud” d.lvl.13, “Rustweaver” d.lvl.13, “Fangskin” d.lvl.14, “Graywar the Slayer” d.lvl.14”, “Steelskull the Hunter” d.lvl.14”, “Archbishop Lazarus and his minions” d.lvl.15, “Bloodlust” d.lvl.15, “The Vizier” d.lvl.15, “Sir Gorash" d.lvl.16, “Diablo” d.lvl.16”
- Note: Be aware, that you have to make these recordings on every difficult-level!
- Post your publications into the forum! A publication is only acceptable, if you mention the following details and send us the following data:
- Details: " Last dungeon level cleared, difficult-level, class allocation, character levels, over all death count, team gold amount (see note!), Spiritual Shrine count (mention the dungeon level(s) you’ve found it/them), Key-Encounter overview and the Boss-Skip status."
- Note: You are allowed to clean your inventory of all your gold piles at the end of every completed dungeon level. Don’t forget to take a screenshot of your current wealth before you throw it away!
- Data: “Gold-amount screenshots and your recorded Key-Encounters.”
1 dungeon level cleared = 1 point in normal difficult / 2 points in nightmare difficult / 3 Points in hell difficult; 1 gold piece = 0.00001 points
1 death = -0.25 Points in 4 player games / -0.5 in 3 player games / -0,75 in 2 player games; "Butcher" skipped = -1 point; "Leoric" skipped = -1point
If participants willfully contravene against one ore more of these listed rules, the organizers reserve their right to disqualify the concerning persons and exclude them from all further events.
We guarantee you, that we will never hand any game recordings, you send us, to a third person.
Those files will get deleted right after they got examined!