- A friendly and honourable tone among the participants is mandatory! Smack talk, infamies, inflammatory language and any other forms of harassment are strictly forbidden. This applies to in-game as well as forum conversation.
- No cheats! No hacks! No inventory drinking! No Lies! No third party programs! (except recording-,scanning- and VPN- software)
- No wilful lag and/or bug abuse! In particular:
- 'Shadow-Casting', 'Weapon-Swap Attack', 'Armor/Shield/Weapon-Reequip Lag', 'Firewall-Overflow', 'Double-Arrow Bug', 'Nova S.lvl20 Bug'
- During battle, 'Player Attack' has to be enabled all the time.
- Equipment change during battle is strictly forbidden.
- Duels take place on level 1-4 (arena with 4 columns, no stairs) or on level 16 (square in the northeast). Players need to compromise regarding where their encounter takes place.
- In case two participants shouldn't be able to come to terms, the affected players can reach a definite conclusion by tossing a virtual coin (Bot Commands: flip / toss).
- Each player is allowed to use a full belt (8 Potions) per round.
- Every single round starts after 'Guardian'. Prior to this, both players have to declare that they are ready.
- Prior to every single round, it's mandatory to inform your opponent(s) about what exact item-setup you are on.
- It is forbidden to use the 'Staff Recharge' skill during battle.
- It is forbidden to leave the defined arena wilfully during battle.
- After each duel, both players have to state the result in the forum. Furthermore, both players have to upload their complete set of recordings to the 'TournamentRecordings Channel'.
- Alternative connection methods, such as 'Hamachi', 'GameRanger', 'OpenVPN', 'Tungle' and 'Kali' are permitted. However, both players have to agree with each other about this issue. In case it isn't possible to achieve a compromise, 'Blizzard's Battle.net' is the prescribed connection method.
- For the very first time, we allow the usage of a 'common item set' as well as 'premade level 50 characters' in one of our events. These items and characters are only available to accepted participants.
- It's strictly forbidden to use the 'common item set' for anything else but PVP play. In case one of our participant should make use of these items in PVM, or should make them available to other (unauthorized) players, we consider this a serious rule violation.
- Note A: The items we provide are listed on the 'Diablodupeslist.ini'. Consequently they are easily identifiable with most scanning applications.
- Note B: It's not allowed to use duped items which are not part of the 'common item set'. Players are however free to user their own legit gear and characters.
- When facing a Warrior, Sorcerers aren't allowed to use item-setups which combine a fast block shield and (any) hit recovery items. This is due to a nasty latency hitch, which allows Sorcerers to cast through the Warriors stun-lock. We consider this an unfair advantage over the Warrior class.
- To ensure a fair balance for all three character classes, 'triple hit recovery' (harmony+stability+balance) item-setups are forbidden.
- Each duel consists of 5 single rounds.
- The winner is the player who won most out of these 5 rounds.
- Note: If it comes to the improbable case of a Double-KO, the affected round counts as a won round for both participants. If one or more D-KO’s lead to a draw result, both players have to play an additional decision-round to determine the winner.
- Resurrect your opponent(s) after every won.
- In melee combat situations, it's in both players interest to swing back- and/or side-wards form time to time, to ensure a non-static combat flow.
- It is proscribed to use diagonal walk non-stop. Diagonal walk certainly is a legitimate tactic to avoid attacks, bring yourself into a beneficial position, or to survive in case you are running out of potions. But it is considered dishonourable to use this technique wilfully to out-potion your opponent(s), or to harass him/them.
- Every participant is obliged to record each and every single rated (warm up and/or practice fights aren't affected) round he's playing in the tournament. These recordings need to be uploaded to the 'TournamentRecordings Channel' within maximally 7 days after the encounter has taken place. Furthermore, every participant is exhorted to ensure, that the necessary software* fully work on his system.
- *You can find the required tools ('HyperCam2' and a small converting application 'Any Video Converter') in the downloads section. In addition, you can find a tutorial about how to handle these programs and how to upload recordings to 'Youtube' in the forum. In case you should experience problems with 'Hypercam2' or one of the related tools, please don't hesitate to ask for help.
Every participant is obliged to play at least one duel in 14 days!
- If you absolve one of your duels during the 14 days deadline, your time interval will get reset back to 14 days . The deadline will also get reset if you let it expire, but this is certainly not in your interest; - read below!
- If you play two or even more duels in one deadline period, your time interval is not summing-up. 14 days is the maximum.
- In case the deadline should expire, the player who has been more active during the last 14 days, is declared the winner of the duel.
- It’s beneficial if you show activity in the forum. Try to publically arrange appointments with your opponent(s).
- In case both players honestly tried to arrange an appointment in the forum, but failed to play during the deadline because of some replicable reason(s), there is a chance to extend the deadline a few days. Though this exception is only possible, if both players state a clear visible fixed date in the concerning forum section.
- If one or both players fail to look after this fixed appointment, the administrators will decide who takes the win.
- In case a participants remains entirely inactive for 21 days, he will get disqualified and consequently drop out of the tournament.
- You can always find your remaining deadline time in the 'Schedule Details' section.
In case a participant is wilfully contravening against one ore more of these listed rules, the organizers reserve their right to disqualify the concerning person and exclude him/her from all further events!